Professional Legal Representation from a Licensed Paralegal
DK Legal Practice is a Paralegal Company serving the clients in Toronto and surrounding Greater Toronto Area ('GTA'). DK Legal Practice is completely client and goal-orientated to provide legal services with objectivity and strong litigation advocacy.
Genuine Caring Service
Originating from Bulgaria, Desislava (Daisy) Yordanova has the passion of a hardworking mother and entrepreneur. While studying in Bulgaria Daisy graduated with a diploma in International Relations and quickly started up a language school.
Later, after graduating from the Paralegal Studies program at Everest College, Daisy set sights high and rather than taking the easy route and applying for a position in a firm, Daisy pushed forward and started DK Legal Practice.
The DK Legal Practice Mission
Solving Your Legal Case in a Timely, Diligent, and Efficient Manner
Welcome to DK Legal Practice where the company strives not only for excellence in the legal profession but also for that personal touch you deserve.
DK Legal Practice welcomes clients in a friendly atmosphere. Whether you need legal help with a Small Claims matter, a Landlord and Tenant dispute or for Traffic Ticket representation, DK Legal Practice is ready to serve.
Licensed by the Law Society of Ontario
According to The Law Society of Ontario, your legal representative must possess a P1 licence. The permitted areas of legal practice in which a Paralegal holding a P1 licence may represent clients are:
- in Small Claims Court;
- in the Ontario Court of Justice under the Provincial Offences Act;
- with a summary conviction offence under the criminal code of Canada;
- before a federal or provincial tribunal;
- before a person dealing with a claim under section of the Insurance Act, acting as a Statutory Accident Benefits Schedule (SABS) representative;
- Immigration matters.
A person with a Paralegal licence can do the following in the course of representing a client in any of the above-mentioned forums:
- give legal advice with respect to legal interests, rights or responsibilities with respect to a proceeding or the subject matter of the proceeding;
- draft or assist with drafting documents for use in a proceeding;
- negotiate on behalf of a person who is party to a proceeding.
Paralegals are not permitted to represent someone in Family court. As well, services in areas such as corporate law, wills and estates are not permitted, unless performed under the direct supervision of a lawyer.